Thursday, April 28, 2011

Short Stories of the Lil

Lily, a little toddler, ever growing, beautiful, intelligent, loving girl. She's strong, strong willed, vocal, active, stubborn, personable, lovable, kissable, huggable, all of the above and even more. She's loves her babies, her dolls, dollhouse, her Mr. Potato Head family. Lily is a great Mother to her toy friends, and an even better little Mommy to baby Molly!








It is amazing to me how well she plays on her own! Don't get me wrong, she enjoys the company of her friends. But is she totally content by herself. So well, in fact, that sometimes I am able to leave her alone in her bedroom, or in the basement while I quickly shower, wash dishes, fold clothes, etc.....UNTIL she discovered how to open the front door and let herself out.


For a good week, she tested me daily on my ability to chase her outside. It was also a great test of my patience, or lack there of! Some may have thought I was a crazy woman yelling at my toddler. But the truth is, it really frightened me, her walking outside by herself! It wasn't until I repeatedly told her someone might take her that she finally started to listen to me... "Lily, you MAY NOT go outside without Mommy!" Sometimes she responds with "Ok Mommy", sometimes "WHY?" sometimes a pouty face followed by some tears, but I believe we have the handle of it!


She loves the outdoors! Playing on the playground...taking walks, gardening with me....
With the warm weather, her rosy cheeks and sweaty forehead shine and her little ringlet curls bounce around (I hope they stay!!!!)She loves the train at Dulles Mall! (I blame that on my Mother, who thought it was a great idea to take her one time....now, we can't get near the mall without her talking about it!) I am using it as a small bribe to get her potty trained though!
We are working on her eating habits....... Dinner is fun....on opposite day! She fights with us on the food she wants to eat, but I refuse to make her separate meals from Mike and I. I am taking the route of making her try everything but not making her finish everything. It is actually working and I guess we have made some progress. Her favorite foods include...strawberries, crackers and peanut butter, chocolate milk, chx nuggets, cheese, spaghetti, and tomato soup. Her two veggies she will eat without a fight are carrots and cucumbers. I'll take it!!
Most often Lily refuses to look at the camera when I try to take a picture. My camera goes up, she looks away! A rare moment of her cheesing for me!


She is really great at brushing her teeth and she instructs me to "get all that food out" when I am helping her.


We say our prayers at dinner time and before bed. She is becoming very good at telling me what she is thankful for! She is aware of Jesus and His presence at church. She knows He loves her and she talks about it if she sees a cross, a church, hears a song, etc. It is quite cute!
She has started a small dance class this week, and it is by far one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Lily doesn't have the best experience with things involving structure, hence her running around in circles during the class while others were listening, but I am certain she will get better at it. Regardless, she had a great time, and that was the point of her going.


Lily sings.


A lot!


Much like her mother, she sings what she could talk. I love it! My hard work has paid off! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails