Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Celebration

The great thing about Easter....not the candy, not the presents, not the Easter egg hunts, not even the blessed time spent with family....it's the beginning.




The beginning of another attempt at strengthening our faith! At the end of Lent this year I, again, had much regret with not being more serious with my sacrifices. I repent for my actions taken, not taken, etc. and I am ever so grateful to feel loved and forgiven. I pray for a stronger relationship with God and the Hope of it strengthening my family!

MY FAMILY!




It's a beautiful thing, this family I am a part of! I am so blessed with two healthy baby girls, a supportive husband and most of all LOVE. No matter the hardships I feel I come by I know there is nothing but love among the four of us. I will continue to cherish the love we have for one another as it grows from year to year! There is nothing better than a smiling baby! Her sweet sweet dress was given to me by Katy, Mike's younger sister. I love love it so much that it will be a part of her keepsake box!
Mike had a big part in putting together Lily's Easter basket! She was more excited about Easter than Christmas. She was more cognitive of the 'bunny' than Santa. Plus, I have been using the Bunny as a ploy to get her to eat her veggies at dinner. (The Easter bunny loves carrots, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc...DUH)





In fact, the Easter Bunny even got into our carrots and left a big mess all over the kitchen leading into the family room where her basket was hidden under a blanket...wink wink


My cute Easter egg, sporting her new beach hatGetting pictures of toddlers is much like....well much like the pain of poking your own eyes out.
My Nikon has the ability to shoot, picture, after picture, after picture...which is usually what I do when around Lily, Molly, and other toddlers, in this case Savannah and Connor (my niece and nephew). I am bound to get a few good shots...out of a hundred or so!I couldn't really capture the best of these three....it was painful....they were tired....and wanted nothing to do with me and my camera, or each other!...a very Happy Easter to you too kids! :)
Distracted....Silly...

More Distracted....




This particular day, I was able to get a little better shots...worth editing. It was as equally as a cluster as was Easter, but somehow better shots...





1 comment:

Anne Woods said...

loved it! love molly's dress... taking pictures gets a bit easier. :) but it's the taking of the picture plus the getting to look at you and smile that is tricky. wish we were close so one could shoot and the other entertain. you know?? dad's just don't "care" enough about a great picture. the girls are beautiful. you are too. love the family shot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails