Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mino Mouse

Lily has a love....a love for one Mickey Mouse. Gosh those ears and soothing voice of his really gets me too!
I believe it comes from our morning hours of watching tv.
Correction...not hours! Please, what kind of parent do you think I am???

...well I admit...the type who does allow some tv to distract my 18month old from me cleaning the kitchen after breakfast, vacuuming, etc. Oh, and we do watch tv for enjoyment at times too. I am only so creative and so patient. Plus, it can calm both Lily and my sanity. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Lily doesn't LOVE tv, but I do know that she now LOVES Mickey Mouse!
I usually opt for Disney, Nick Jr. or Sprout and for the past months that tv has really caught Lily's eye I found there wasn't much she cared for. Until one day, when the catchy Mickey Mouse tune struck a key.....then...she was allllll his.

Mino, is what she refers Mickey. Not sure why, because I don't think the letter 'k' is so very hard to say. But her heart is stuck on Mino. She talks about him daily, now asking for him. SO much even, that Mike and I went to the extreme of offering her a movie of Mickey Mouse today at Wal-mart and she about blew a gasket. I almost think her heart stopped...
When she saw the cover of the DVD her mouth dropped and she let in a big sigh! Wow, the drama has already begun!

I hate feeding toooo much into an obsession but we did buy a Mickey/Minnie Mouse plate with feeding utensils as well. Plus, I'm not too sure how long this will last, BUT........before this even started I was brainstorming a super cute costume for Lily for Halloween and I came across a Minnie. I feel as though her cuteness and attitude fit Lily quite well. Just imagine....pink polka dot bow, dress, black patent shoes, white gloves, oh yes, it suits Lily well!

Until a later date I will review Lily's catch of the day, but for now it is Mickey.




1 comment:

Kara McDermott said...

I gave Abby a Minnie Mouse costume last year for Christmas! You could have borrowed it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails