Monday, July 19, 2010

it's not a new thing...

So here we are again, trying to play catch up. Our summer has been full of fun festivities, and it isn't a new thing that the Peterson's are constantly on the go...

Lily has been giving us her best shot at handling the traveling, the sleeping, and the adjusting that comes with us. Sometimes it has not been easy, but I am learning to take joy in the times that are good!!

I on the other hand have not been handling things so well....I have been quite anxious with all our activity, and I hate to admit that I have been wishing for the lull of the fall when I can just be home every weekend with Mike and Lily and enjoy the last couple months as our family of three. This pregnancy has brought out many 'o hormones and at times I feel a little crazy. To say the least I am very excited to welcome a new baby to our family! Things are beginning to feel a little more real as my belly gets a little bigger, I feel small bouts of movement, and, of course, when we find out the sex :)
To capture a few of our travels...
A few weeks back, Lily and I, along with my parents flew to South Carolina for a family reunion. Mike unfortunately could not join us! I hate being without him, but it was a great feeling to have my parents along my side! This was Lily's third time on a plane and she did great the way there, horrible on the way home.
In South Carolina, we visited my Grandmother who has recently been moved into an assisted living. It was a great thing to see her, but difficult at times to take in her new surroundings. The circle of life starting with my Mom Mom may soon come to end and it was the first time this really hit me. I was so excited for Lily to see her again, and to see the smile on my Mom Mom's face when she saw her. We were at her home for a small celebration for the Fourth. They were giving out festive yogurt parfaits, but Lily ate the hole thing!Then she decided to steal the whole show (seriously!) by standing on the stage to lead a sing a long (seriously!). All the old people joined in singing 'head, shoulders, knees and toes', and ' if you're happy and you know it'. It was hysterical and such a touching moment to see the joy that a little baby can bring. For our family reunion, we were celebrating my uncle Bill's 70th birthday. We all dressed in red, white and blue in preparation to the fourth. We also got a professional photographer to capture the day. With no Mike or Craig, this is all our family consisted of :)Love my Poppa Bear!Our flight was on July 4th, and it was great to be home to spend the day with Mike! We enjoyed the day at home, then joined our friends for a bbq in Arlington, THEN ventured to fireworks on our own as a family. It felt great to be alone! Herndon Community Center was where we ended up and the firework show was GREAT! And we had amazing seats and found perfect parking!

We laid on our blanket until dusk anxiously awaiting for the firework show to begin! Once they started.....Lily quick ran to my lap, clenched my neck like she never has before and began screaming. She hated them! boooooo, because I LOVE fireworks. With little attempt to keep her there, Mike finally took her back to the car where she was safe :)I hope someday my kids will have the appreciation for fireworks like I do! There is nothing like them! During the show I can't help but get emotional (well maybe I could if I wasn't pregnant). I feel so blessed to live in the USA, and to have my freedom. God Bless! Enjoy your families this summer. They go by quick. And even in small moments that I have with Mike and Lily together at once, there is nothing like the bond of a family!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails