Tuesday, July 20, 2010

a smile a day

Most days I try and pick up my camera.
Whether it is to shoot a quick video, or to snapshot the life of my child, I like to capture Lily. Plus, I am really trying hard to keep in the habit of having the camera around, so my second child doesn't feel picture neglected! I also try to teach myself more about the Nikon that I have owned for nearly 2 years. I am always trying new angles, color settings, etc to try and get the best photog look.

Here are just a few of Lily last week. I often find her in my bathroom. It is definitely one of her hot spots. She enjoys climbing onto the tub then reaching over to the vanity to turn on the left side sink. For her....pure enjoyment! of course, until the time she soaked herself and the tile that she slipped backward into the soaking tub. Luckily I was there to quickly grab her up, but this is just a blink of an eye compared to the many falls she has already taken.

Anyways, here we are playing in the bathroom....Not quite sure how you go from this....to this.... but I was able to capture itThis past weekend Lily's cousin Savannah was in town, and our family had a nice BBQ on Sunday. Here we are with our first 'kid' table. My mind slips back to my childhood of the 'kid' table and how much I couldn't WAIT to be a part of the 'grown up' table!!!
So I admit the vertical striped, ruffly bottom bathing suit cover-up may not be my best look, but as I drifted by my closet mirror I couldn't help but notice my small baby bump.....
...it is by no means big, and by experience it will get MUCH larger, but it was just another thing I thought I should capture. Pay no attention to the disaster of my closet area. I am in the middle of sorting my winter, summer, and maternity clothes out, PLUS purging some unnecessary items that have been looming around for years. Needless to say, after this picture I took the cover up OFF and into the purge pile it went. Out for grabs anyone...hehe

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails