Thursday, June 10, 2010

a beach world of wonders

Cast this picture into the future, and I see a bathing beauty BORN for the beach! And she was! Our family vacaction to my parents beach house in Nags Head, was more than I could have ever expected for Lily. She was a natural! No fear! The ocean welcomed her as she stepped forward into the water. The sand fit perfectly between her toes, and the sun shined perfectly onto her olive skin. My love for the water, the beach, the ocean has been genetically passed onto my darling daughter and it was a joy to see her there!


We were blessed with amazing weather, amazing food, amazing family and friends, and amazing pictures to prove it. I was so happy to be there with my parents! Not only was it great to share the beach experience with them, but it was also nice to be able to lay out, read my book, and relax a bit. They were quick to take Lily on a walk along the water, build a sand castle or even bring her back in for me. Mike and I took full advantage of the time alone, although I wish it was spent more together.
When we go to the beach I enjoy sweating until I MUST jump in the water. A book on the beach calms me, and just sitting in my chair is what I want to do alllll. day. long. Mike on the other hand is a typical boy/man (i guess hehe) and would rather be jumping around, playing raquet ball, boccee ball, playing in the water, or basically anything BUT sitting down for 30 min. So most of our time was spend apart :( We still managed to get away for a nice dinner with our friends. We have ONE pic to prove it :)
Oh to be back at that place! I did spend most of the week convincing Mike how amazing it would be to live by the water. It is something I have wanted for a while now, but moving doesn't really seem smart right now. I hope in our near future, a more simple life, beach life will be ours :)

1 comment:

Kara McDermott said...

cute pics! I love at the bottom there is "other blog posts you might like" and there is a pic of me with a crazy face from my birthday last year! Made me laugh!

See you sooooooonnnnnn!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails