Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lily 'idiams...

Yay we can get piggies in!!!





Oh Lily Lily Lily!

She continues to sprout into this toddler hood I continue to speak of. More talking, more movement, faster movement, more attitude/personality, and more independence.

Last night while gazing over my friend Kristin's baby, Kage, I was jealous of his younger age and remember the sweet times I had with my 8 month old...Quiet babbles, slow movement, if any, our Mother/Daughter bond when I still nursed....ahhh the good ol' days

But I quickly realized that throughout this certain stage I am still having sweet times with my 18 month old. Now, we are actually talking to each other. She walks with me, sometimes listens and holds my hand, but mostly she pulls her independence card and goes limp onto the pavement. Her sleeping habits are better, and I am coming to learn that she likes her sleep. 9:30 wake up calls I would say are quite late for a toddler, I try not to complain about it because sometimes she throws me for one when she still will wake up in the middle of the night begging for me to hold her. This I find hard to resist because one thing is for sure, she still fits in my arms, and I can still rock her like a baby. She still gazes in my eyes and looks for the comfort she needs to sleep. I love singing her the songs that my Mom once sang to me. What a beautiful cycle it will be when she one day sings to her daughter! So like I said, she talks.....
and she is loud...
and most of it I don't understand
and most of it no one would understand, but I do think there is a certain language that parents can catch onto from their children.

For instance, when Lily says 'waatty,' OF COURSE she is saying 'water' :)

When she says 'Marney' she is saying MARLEY
When pointing to your nose, she says 'no',
'juuuuu' means juice

'cici' means cereal, etc etc....

My translation isn't perfect, but I definitely find myself understand her wants, when the next person would think I was crazy to respond to such babble. :)

Any who, our summer has been busy, and she is learning a lot. She has had lots of time with 'Mo Mo' (my mom) and Grandma. She enjoys that special time very much. I am so grateful to have family so close by!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails