Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pediatric Update

It was no joke, (get it, April fools?) on this first day of April, that Lily was at the pediatrician's office. Although I am sure she wishes that it was. We had our 15 month check up this morning, which would otherwise be uneventful except that she received ('i' before 'c' excepts after 'c', seriously i think this EVERY time!) 4 SHOTS! OUCH!

I am a strong proponent of children receiving (see i did it again) their vaccines, but I can't say I get any sort of joy seeing my baby hurt! As Lily gets older she is much more understanding of pain. And when 4 needles are coming at your arms I don't doubt you would be pleased. None the less she was quite strong, and with a quick pop of the paci in the mouth, her little tears almost went away. I also stashed some fruit snacks in my bag to treat her with. (even though there are large signs in the office that say don't feed your children in the office , oops)

Here are her stats:

Height: 31 1/2 inches = 75-90%

Weight: 23 lbs 10 oz = 50-75%

Head Circumfrance (for her large smarty pants brain): 18 3/4 inches = 90%
I caught her on video while we waited to be seen. Such a big girl she is!

watching her weight alreadyjust passing the time with a book

a sad soul after her shots, paci and fruit snacks to make it all better

Today has been such a lovely day, and after Lily's appointment (which we walked upto), I went on a run around the neighborhood, stopped at the park, then headed back home for some finishing touches on my flowers, THEN ate lunch outside! I love it! Lily enjoying some blackberries and a peanut butter/jelly sammie :)






This was actually a couple days ago. She is sooooo enthralled with Baby Einstein I had to get the proof. Plus I can't get enough of those eyes!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails