Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Sunday


Ok because my big mouth keeps blabbing away, I figure I should just dedicate one single post to Easter Sunday.
For one, it is quite important that it should stand alone, it is Jesus we are talking about.....
AND I take far too many pictures.
We had a great day! It started quite early with 8:45 mass which we got to at 8:15. Our church parking lot was a mess! It always has been, but with the new build I think people enjoy coming to church more now, so our parish attendance has increased. Anyways, it was a beautiful service, and our priest gave a beautiful homily. I saw some of my Mommy group friends and it was cute to see all the kids dressed in their best :)

We only got ONE family shot...shoot! But I have a ton of Lily to share. I did a small Easter Egg hunt outside for her just cuz you gotta start somewhere. My expectations were far exceeded when she actually picked up the eggs and put them in her basket. TOO CUTE!
Uh oh.....
She found what was inside....a yummy chocolate treat :)

The sun shined alllllll day, and it was a lot warmer than I expected. I'll take it though. We couldn't keep Lily inside! She fought us tooth and nail to stay on the playground. She is really taking to the outside, and I can't say I mind, although with this record warm weather it isn't hard to work up a sweat.

Anyways, we were grateful for the day and celebration of the Risen Lord. What a great day it was. I cooked lamb, had some awesome deviled eggs that included smoked salmon. My Mom made a great dessert and we enjoyed some Mimosas.
Our friends Kristin and Ryan Reese even joined us with their baby boy Kage. Just like in the fall when we put him in a pumpkin, we put him in a basket for Easter. We tried with Lily was she wasn't as willing.We were also happy to have my father-in-law over. Grandpa Ray Ray. He claims he hates being called that, but you know he is just shining inside :)He was a loner for the week because my mom-in-law was travelling abroad in Ireland with Jenny to visit Katy. I know super jealous! How cute he was to even bring over her Easter basket :)
My parents were just bursting with joy to be with the Lily. She is their pride and joy. I was so happy to have them here to experience such a fun Easter. It makes me think about my brother and how much I miss him. It is times like this with family when you think of those missing. He is still enjoying himself on the trail!At the end of the day, Lily was POOPED :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails