Monday, April 5, 2010

Cherry Blossom Monday funday!

Before I start my whole spiel here is Lily before we headed out today! OK, so now she is climbing, which I semi knew because she gets ontop of HER table downstairs, but I never imagined that she would be on MY table!


Today, we bit the bullet and just drove.

My friend Stefani, and her sweet boy Ethan joined Lily and I for the trek into the city. I have been wanting to see the Cherry Blossoms this season and have procrastinated due to the ugly crowd. So, I thought it would be a good idea to go after peak days thinking that it wouldn't make much a difference in the sight......well it did.







I won't complain, because regardless of the Cherry Blossoms lurching the Tidal Basin Washington D.C. is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever experienced. Of course the weather aids my melancholy attitude, but I truly feel blessed to be a hop skip and jump away from our nations Capitol!







Today the Cherry Blossoms were a bit weak! Most of the blooms have blown away, and instead of the bright white and pink petals hanging from the trees, they were spread upon the streets and sidewalks as if they were almost tired of all the attention they were receiving!

It was sure nice to have the company I did today! Last year, Lily and I were on our own, and that too was a great experience, but it is always nicer to have a friend by your side!







So quick story before sharing of our pics.....Stefani, the kids and I had just strolled across the bridge by the Jefferson and we noticed a bit of a crowd along Independence Ave.
'What's going on?'...we both thought....people waiting for a shuttle? a tour group??
Well as we noticed more and more gazers, in addition to all the D.C. Police, it was quite obvious President Obama's Motorcade was about to pass through!

(insert video here that I took, although BLOGGER is making me very mad that it won't upload)

It was an experience to remember!!!
This experience brought us to the BRIGHT idea that maybe we should also go to the opening game of the Nationals. Obama was on his way to the opening pitch of the game. Stefani and I thought, lets give it a whirl!

We did, and we failed!
By the time we got back to the car, made our way to SO. Capitol St. the traffic was out of control and we were stopped, (being just one car away from the light we wanted to get through) for, again, Obama's motorcade! You see, we were running a little later than the start of the game and apparantly he had already thrown the pitch. He was now on his way home!
So the very reason we were enticed to the game, we were also strayed away from it.
We made it home safely, both glad that we went down town for the day, but also we both agreed for better planning next go round!

At the end of the day, Lily felt the drain of her energy. After traveling in the car, stolling around town and then playing with Ethan outside, it is safe to say that she was a MESS. I gave her a bath around 5:30, attempted to feed her dinner then suddenly...







Gone!

Her head bobbed a bit, but there was no doubt she was falling asleep right then and there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails