Monday, April 12, 2010

i'm gonna do it

...i'm gonna plan my meals this week! Lets see how is goes.

After Mike and I made two grocery stops yesterday (wegmans and Giant) because we had separate coupons/deals for each, our fridge is STOCKED! This isn't a regular occasion for us, but my Mom had Lily for the day and we thought...today will be a one time challenge of double dipping into two Grocery stores.

It was actually quite fun to sit together at the coffee table, go through the adds and decide what we were going to get at each store according to the sales. We even made two separate lists, and I gathered all my coupons for each. We rode to the stores with our windows down, the sun was shining, and I was feeling very blessed to be alone with Mike. THEN...

....Mike forgets the lists. I. WAS. PISSED! I mean what was the point of all that effort and time we put into the lists if you are just going to leave them at home? Ahhh, I'm soooo mad is what I felt like saying, and then I did!

So after I probably embarrassed him in the produce section at Wegmans (I mean I wasn't that loud, but it was crowded) he left me and went home to retrieve the lists. Only I didn't know he left to go home, I thought he was just going to pout in the car. So I carried on shopping, quite upset actually, got to the check out, proceeded back to our car to find someone else was parked in our spot....

OMG, Mike left me! I was certainly even more upset at the moment and didn't think my actions warranted my husband leaving me at the grocery store. Was he trying to teach me a lesson? I certainly hope not!

Anyways, moments later I see him breezing through the parking lot, he parked and approached me with two lists. He had thrown them in the trashcan!

Geez, Mike, you didn't have to leave me...

Well you wanted the lists didn't you and you said you were soooooo pissed, so I went home to get them...

I got in the car and we headed to Giant. I was not happy he left me, but inside I was kind of laughing at him. It was silent the whole trip, and again the sun was shining perfectly into the car, and the windows were down to cool off the steam.

By the time we got to Giant, we got out of the car, gave each other a kiss and embarked on our Giant store journey as if nothing had happened. And this time we had a list!

Typical Mike and Lauren! :)

The whole point of my story being, I am planning meals this week...first stop tonight, Chicken and Dumplings

1 comment:

Allison said...

Your comment about you not being *that* loud makes me think back to Floyd Hall... when you and MJP used to try to talk on the webcam. I think Amanda does the best impression. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails