Tuesday, March 2, 2010

i found my calling...

The month of February has been nothing but calm and March too will roll in like a lion.....between snow storms, our trip to San Diego, work, a weekend in Lynchburg, and now most recently my quest to Missouri with Lily, it is safe to say I would enjoy a week at home with Mike and Lily, with NO work, and even no play, just plain family time. I can see this free time in our future and maybe by the end of the month I will feel more like a lamb. (get it, in like a lion out like a lamb, I'm sure I could even think of something for April showers brings May flowers, stay tuned!)

There is no doubt, though, when I say I had the most fantastic week in Missouri with my best friend Anne, and her most wonderful family. Although I was there on terms of a caretaker for Annie and the girls, I can still say it was time well spent. Lily and I flew to St. Louis Missouri last Sunday on a small, small plane, much smaller than I actually expected. With much anxiety over how Lily would handle the flight, my fears were put away when I was graced with a wonderful woman who sat next to me. I said many prayers, hoping for a good and easy flight and that it was. With so many business men around me in other seats, I was nervous I too would be next to an old grumpy man who would be no where near interested in Lily and her nonsense. Instead, this wonderful lady embraced Lily, we chatted the whole way, and before I knew it we were landing! Thank you Lord! Being at the airport was another adventure because this is where I would have to carry all my bags, push Lily in a stroller, and haul her car seat on my back, while trying to check in with the Enterprise for my rental car. It was one for the books folks, and I can't be more grateful for all the help I received from complete strangers at the airport. From St. Louis, Lily and I drove 2 1/2 hours to Hannibal, Missouri for our final destination at the Woods home....oh and it was snowing :)

I may seem like a fool for conquering this all on my own, but it was all made easy with the help of the Lord. I really put trust in His hands that it would be possible for me, and turns out it was. This was only the beginning of His great works throughout the week! While in Hannibal I had the pleasure to spend time with Anne, and witness her strength as a Mother and Wife! With her situation at hand, she is pregnant, extremely ill with nausea and vomiting, very weak, but still so positive! Throughout the week she gained back some strength and she has said she can see the light ahead where she will begin to feel even better.

Not only did I spend some quality time with Anne, but I spend most of my time being a mommy of three! This gave me such joy, that I know I am destined to do it myself. I have found my calling as a Mommy and I can't wait to expand our own family. Anne and Sam have twobeautiful girls, age 5 and 3, Savanna and Charlotte. They are energetic, senstive, loving, laughable little girls with extreme imaginations who can play all day as princesses, deers, indians, house, etc. They took so well to Lily, and I was so happy to have there interaction. I think it was great for Lily and also a great distraction for the girls. I could go on with all the fun stuff we did, played, etc.

The week came to an end too fast, and although Sam's revelation that Anne would be up and shopping with me by the end of the week didn't come true, we still all agreed that the Lord was truely working among us. Anne is feeling better, and I survived the week with flying colors. This week was a great start to the Lenten season and I am inspired to more serving for the Lord. My hope is to see Anne, Sam, the girls, and mystery baby soon, only next time Mike will be with me AND we will do some serious shopping! Something we are quite good at together!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails