Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Artsy Fartsy



Although Lily at times can be quite gassy, the name of this post doesn't REALLY explain things except that today we embarked on the world of art. There will be no farting on camera today :)

I have decided that I need to get better at doing interactive things with Lily, and art, of course, is one of them. I actually have started reading 'What to Expect: Toddler Years' and it is amazing how spot on the explanations are for a 14mos old in correlation to Lily. I have become most concerned with discipline which is when I turned to the book, and there I found that it is totally acceptable and appropriate for a toddler to begin art. Today's attempt was a success only because I sort of forced it for some birthday thank you cards I wanted :) but I could definitely tell that she was interested. I will continue to work with the supplies I recently purchased and see what masterpiece will come of it all!

After art time, we rinsed off in the bath, then she was cuteness all over! She was very into the lotion I was slathering her with so she insisted taking it downstairs. Oh, and I can't forget my phone. I should practically attach it to her hip, because she is obsessed! I am good about locking it so she can't make calls, but trust me, she has already done enough pranking for her days! Lily is quite the diva, and I can't say I hate it! I see a lot of me coming out in her, and as long as I can teach her patience (something I admit to not have much of) and keep her grounded I have a sweet little girl evolving!

Her hair is getting pretty long, and I want to try new things with it, so I have tried using these tiny clips! They are super cute, but she absolutely hates me putting them in her hair. The great thing about them though, is once they are in, she doesn't mess with them. The headbands she doesn't keep on too long these days. I am also really surprised with how blonde it has stayed! It looks like we have a toe head on our hands :)

I try and take a little video of her each day if I can remember, and these are from the past few days. She is talking soooo much now. She talks, I listen, respond, then she talks again. I haven't been able to capture a full blown conversation with her quite yet, but when I do, it's one for the books! The world is her stage!

After nap, I hear her chatting away to herself, and it is always fun to try and get a candid moment of her! Apparently when she woke up, she reached down to the floor to her clean pile of clothes.......

1 comment:

Allison said...

I had the worst nights sleep last night and was so crabby but watching Lily make animal noises just made my day turn around. I love the meow!!! haha. What a smarty-pants! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails