Wednesday, October 14, 2009

One Main Reason why you don't bring your baby to work..

Yesterday was a bear! To paint a bit of a picture, so by the end of the story you REALLY feel sorry for me, it all started Monday night when I was called into work. You see, I was in denial and really hoping to not get the call for me to go into work, but with how busy we have been lately it was almost a shoe in I would need to be there. Anyways, I dragged my happy A$$ into work starting to feel the stress of what was on my table...

Tuesday I was to have 2 flu shot clinics (which I didn't have sitters for) and then I was to work 7p-7a. EEEK, WHAT WAS I THINKING! Clearly I didn't have a hold of time management. My flu clinic in the morning was in Fairfax, which thanks to the high heavens I found a lovely sitter, Mrs. Bevington. For the afternoon clinic I still had not found anyone so I called my supervisor and pleaded my case but offered that I could bring Lily along with me. 'Lily is such a good baby,' I said, 'she will just sit in her stroller and smile for the hour and half I am there.' To my surprise, my supervisor was okay with the idea she just wanted to double check with the company I would be going to. Again, to my surprise they too were okay with it. Secretly I was hoping she was going to tell me that we just needed to cancel the clinic.

Anyways, I was in a bit of a time crunch....my clinic in Fairfax was from 11-12 which I was adamant about leaving on time from because Mrs. Bevington had to leave at 12:30. Then my clinic in Alexandria was from 1-2:30 which I knew I would be a little late for, and would be hauling my baby with me. WOW, reeeal professional! I raced from Herndon to Alexandria and I swear every single road in NOVA is being worked on so my stress level was HIGH! Lily fell asleep for little nap which I was pleased with, because I needed her top notch! I arrived a little after 1 and was ready to do my business as normal (with my sidekick). Everyone in the office was super nice and just happy to have me give them their flu shots. Lily was a bit lethargic and definitely not acting like her normal vibrant self but she was still cute and she actually added distraction to those who were afraid of needles. When she became fussy and crying, the ladies in the office offered to hold her. I was totally fine with that because I just wanted her to be quiet and content! I could tell Lily was not into this scene, she had a blank stare, pale face and just silently sucked away on her paci. I ignored it until.......SHE PUKED!!! Alllllll over this nice ladies business suit. Not spit up, but throw up. I was mortified, red face, totally embarrassed but at the same time really upset that my baby obviously wasn't feeling well and she tried to tell me to the best of her baby ability. This women was a saint, she didn't seem concerned at all that for the rest of the day she would reek of throw up, instead she only wanted to help me change Lily and calm her down. I knew there was a reason I always packed extra clothes in my diaper bag, although I can honestly say I haven't had to use them until now.

Finally a couple hours later when we returned home and Lily still seemed under the weather, I took her temperature of 102.5. I called the pediatrician and they said to bring her in. They ruled out the flu for now but don't want to write it off, but with her vomitting she said it could just be a stomach bug or even a UTI(urinary tract infection). I willl continue to monitor her temp. to see if rises, but in the meantime she is sucking down Tylenol around the clock and resting her head on my chest like she never has before. Half of me loves the feeling of my baby needing my comfort but I also want to see her back to normal.

At the end of the day yesterday I couldn't help but think to myself....this is motherhood! Oh, AND don't bring your baby to work...hehe

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails