Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Time flies....

This particular post has many different meanings to me. For many different reason do I sit and think about time, and it is very basic...it flies by.




Time flies in short amounts (of days and hours)...Very easily most people can complain and admit that weekends are all too short, and I will be the first to say it about this past weekend. Not because I had to go back to work on Monday, because I didn't, but most of all because I feel like my time spent with Mikey and Lily alone are few in numbers. I could go on and on about the things I didn't like about this weekend, ie: too much time spent in the car, lack of sleep but really looking back at it was a super good time! Friday, Mike and I started our weekend out in Baltimore with Christie and Jurgens. It was a long ride from the city to B-more, but we were greeted with the warmth of Christie and Jurgens home, their wine and their food! Their meals are super impressive and extremely satisfying to my belly. This meal was stuffed pork loan with a fresh salad, squash soup, then a perfect ending with a taste of two different pies from a popular local joint. Thumbs up Bauers! The night didn't end with just dinner, it carried on with a card game, more wine, a board game, more wine, then beer, lots of chatting, then Christie and I over powering with our Oakton High School reminiscing as we browsed our Freshman year yearbook. WOW! My have we changed, but boy has time flown by. No we are not trying to be librarians for Halloween, this is just the new look of Christie and Lauren. Old much? Yea, that is what Jurgens said after taking the picture....thanks a lot :)Christie is such a good little host, always trying her best to be festive. She succeeded with her Halloween place setting and her gourd in which she served Jurgens delicious squash soup.Our weekend continued onto Saturday as we, again, got in the car to home, dropped the baby off with Grandpa, and ventured into Arlington for Cara and Phil's engagement party. It was also a joint party for Hollie and Trent. Casey, Cara's twin sister, and Lauren Bev did a great job hosting the party. There was great food, and great drinks! Mike and I had been looking forward to this night sans baby and we were prepared to live it up. We even made it out to a bar. All our years together with our friends have indeed flown by, and it was evident by celebrating an engagement! We are very lucky for the friends in our life and wish nothing but the best for Phil, Cara, Hollie and Trent!The weekend didn't end until Sunday evening when we were finally home in our bed. But before that, we carved pumpkins with Bev, and Leanne.I think she would smile at the camera if she wasn't always interested in putting things in her mouth...like leaves!

The finishing product...ours in the cat

Lauren, Leanne, and Lauren pose with Lily who doesn't seem too interested.


Time flies in months.... December 26, Lily entered this world, and I can't imagine my life without her. These 10 months that I have spent with her is the biggest blessing I have ever received! Her smile melts me, her baby voice is a sound you can't compare to even the most beautiful sound, her cry makes my heart skip, her tiny touch is so powerful and I have nothing but love when I think about her. I get choked up looking at this picture, writing this, and thinking about her. (not to mention I have some pretty melancholy music in the background..hehe) I am so proud of Lily and her achievements thus far, that I can't imagine my pride for her as she continues to grow. What achievements? Well, she can eat cheese all by herself, hold a sippy cup, crawl to the window and pull herself up to have a look outside, she can wave hello and goodbye, sign 'more' and 'all finished' when eating. It doesn't stop there...when you say 'I love you' to her, she opens her mouth says 'Ayyyye' and silently moves the rest of her mouth for '..love you', she says 'Dadadadadadadada' 'doooogh,' and 'hhhaaat' (it's cat though). When you say 'Dance Lily' she bounces and gives you the biggest smile. I look forward to so many more things that she shows, says and does each day!

Time flies in years...... Today it has been two years
since I married Mike. Today, I love him even more than the first day I met him! My love for him is special and nothing that I will ever share with someone else. He makes me smile! Thinking about our wedding day makes me smile and thinking about the rest of our life together makes me smile! Here's to forever with my best friend, Mike!















DON'T TAKE TIME FOR GRANTED!!!

4 comments:

Kara McDermott said...

Hey look- i can post a comment now!! Yay! Good post- time really does fly and it is so important to cherish it! :)

Kara McDermott said...

Hey- I can post a comment now. Yay! Time really does fly- so important to cherish it all- the minutes, hours, days, months and years! :)

Haddon Family said...

cute post lauren! I might steal lily she is so darn cute!

Anne Woods said...

you finally got your comments going! Yeah! I love this post... time is so precious and you realize it more and more each year as things seem to move even faster. Especially with babies!! Enjoy every moment! Thanks again for picking up my goods!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails