Tuesday, July 7, 2009


So, the summer is in full force and I am sure feeling the stress of it all! We have, so far, enjoyed ourselves immensely partaking in activities EVERY weekend, although I feel the time is ticking by all too fast! A quick catch up...

Lately, I have been working almost every Friday. It has seemed to work out well due to the fact Saturday Mike is usually home to help me out while I sleep, AND most importantly I get a bit of the weekend pay in my pay check...$chuching $....ok, so it's not that great, but any extra cash is a plus! Throughout the week I am also working a day or two, it just depends when I am needed, or quite frankly, when I can get the hours. I do love being PRN because of the flexibility, although I am beginning to feel the reap of little or no sleep after work....here is why...

Lily is talking up a storm and Mike and I are loving it! She has shown true form of her loud Momma, but I will not detour her from it. Some days I know she just wants to sing along with me. Her latest thing is, mouth wide open, big grin, but suddenly no sound to come out. This is her laughing, and I am quite confused because I know the true pitch of her voice. We think she looks a bit like an old women with no teeth, but SUPER CUTE!

Her motor skills have also taken a leap in development. Although I admit she still refuses to roll over, she can completely sit up on her own, and she even strains her neck up as I lay her down for a diaper change, etc. Within the past few days I have noticed a huge improvement in her standing while in your lap. She can stand longer and those thunder thighs have grown stronger. Today in the pool she even stood in between my legs while I help her arms. What a big girl!! It wasn't until now that I realized how big she is getting. Before, she cuddles, you are holding her, and you don't get the full effect of the length of her body until now when it is stretched out and she is actually standing.

For Mike, work is work, he slays away during the hours of 7am and 7pm everyday. Summer is now an even busier time for Enterprise as people take their vacations, and with Mike being in the city he sees all the tourists. We are grateful for his job, but to say it ever so lightly, I wouldn't mind a change for him. We are trying so hard to take advantage of our family time alone, but lately it is so little. I am striving to be supportive and patient and look forward to upcoming activities we have together. It is so important to me, Mike and to Lily that we keep our spark alive!

To quickly overview some of our most recent weekend adventures, but to surely not down play the fun we had while there, here are some pics...

June 21 Robbie's Pool Party/Mike's First Father's Day
The Dowlings hosted their annual pool party in Purcelville. The day couldn't have been better. There was perfect weather, and great food to go with it. The Sierra Nevada keg flowed so smoothly, there was great games of volleyball played, and as always the night ended with unforgettable memories!







June 28 France in Baltimore/Jurgens Birthday
Christie and Jurgens hosted and prepared the most amazing dinner! It was all perfectly planned by Christie from the Champagne starters, the crown of lamb, the delectable blue cheese ice cream, and the summer table setting, and Jurgens enlightened us into the world of wine pairing and tasting. A few bottles deep and before you knew it Christie and I passed out with Lily in their bed and the boys carried into the night with some poker....typical!


June 29 Lily and Lauren Visit Lynchburg
With a few days off, Lily and I ventured to Lynchburg for a great visit with the Reel Family. Mr. Walker is getting oh so big and walking around everywhere. Lily was fascinated with his mobility and I believe at times she was jealous. Liz and I took advantage of time alone and received some spa treatment. I opted for the 60 min. massage which I only payed $50 for. UNBELIEVABLE, I know! Got to love Lynchburg!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails