Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Milestone!

Well folks, it is the day we have all been waiting for!....

Not ONLY did Kara and Mike get hitched, and it was AMAZING, BUT, Lily rolled over! Yes she did! Belly to back, and she is a champ. Here is the video to prove it....

I swear that she is way more excited than she appears to be on this video. This is after a bath, and she is quite tired, but put some toys near by, or

Back to Kara and Mike...

Wednesday through Saturday was full of events, that as a bridesmaid, I got to partake in. We started Wednesday evening for dinner and drinks at Coastal Flats in Fairfax. It has been a mini tradition for those of us OHS girls to gather for dinner at Coastal the week of the wedding, for a relaxing, maybe drunken night. Because that was the case my wedding week, and some bridesmaids could barely make it through the bridal luncheon and the rehearsal dinner, Kara made the executive decision that she would like to go out Wednesday night for proper recovery time. Luckily, the night was nowhere near as crazy and we all enjoyed each other's company to the fullest! Thursday was a day off, which I used to prepare for a nice summer tan and laid out. THEN, with the gamble I played, I was called into work until 3am Friday morning. I was super excited about the money I would be making, but a little bummed at how tired I would be the next day. Sure enough, I made it through the whole weekend with little sleep, but with the help of adrenaline and excitement it wasn't noticeable. Friday, we got our nails done and had a lovely bridal luncheon where Kara gave us all jewelry and COACH wristlets for the wedding day.

Here are the best captured pictures of the weekend. I thank Mike for following us around.


July 10, 2009-Bridal Luncheon
Bridesmaids: Different family members and friends of all aspects of Kara's life...a great group!
Two sweet flower girls, insisting on going up, then down, up, down the stairs
Yummy, don't want to stop, Chicken Sammies In true 'Father of the Bride' fashion, sporting the right gear!

REHEARSAL DINNER-GRANDALE FARM RESTAURANT

The Bride and GroomMy photographic skills at work.... Ashley and BradJaime and PatOur night out together, alone :)
The three of us...Ashley, Kara, and Lauren
FAMOUS FOR:
  1. parties at 11-0-fun

  2. box o' wine nights


  3. sorority sisters


  4. laugh until to cry

  5. roommates

  6. forever friends

    JULY 11, 2009-Wedding Day
    Celebrated the right way
    CHAMPAGNE


No, not naked, just poor picture taking done by Ashley :)

It's official, Mr. and Mrs. McDermott
Our eyes may appear to be closed, and that is because they are. Due to the shiny hot sun, the photographer swears that by instructing us to keep closed eyes until he says so, we will all be looking at the camera together without blinking or squinting. Now I have heard of this tactic, although, seeing that we all can't even close our eyes together, what makes him think we will open them together? The professional pics will be the proof!Counting to three, for a group 'jump shot', totally cliche, but totally cute!
Such a great shot! This is just a glimpse of the smile and happiness that Kara showed throughout the day. My love!
A continuous celebration of our marriage and commitment to one another!
Mike and Kara, the fantastic Garth Brooks duo, our all time favorite, the most famous and memorable dance..."I've got Friends in low Places" It truly wouldn't be a party without the two of them dancing together to this very song!


All together the weekend was fantastic. I enjoyed the time with my friends, my husband and most of all Kara. Her company will be truly missed when her and Mike embark on their move across the county to San Diego. Kara and I have meshed so well together over the years, and I was looking forward to being a big part of their new life together. I couldn't be happier or proud for the two of them. I hope they know they have the utmost support from Mike and I. I look forward to traveling and visiting San Diego, and I look forward to the many more years Kara and I have to share!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails