Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dear Lily, STOP GROWING!

My epiphany today.....
I am beginning to realize how short my time with Lily (as a baby) really is! The past few days I can't help but stare and gaze with adoration at this little creature. How in the world does a human being grow inside my belly, enter the world and then grow to be something like an adult? Another thing...it is pretty crazy that up until a few weeks ago, I have been the sole provider for her nutrition. I feel so blessed to be a part of such an amazing journey.

After becoming a Mother and then looking at my own, I have a whole new outlook on the things that she has done for me throughout my life. It is crazy to think, that just 26 years ago my Mom was thinking the same things as she was holding me in her arms, and she tells me she remembers it so clearly! My point here is that I am soaking every second, every moment, every bit of Lily's tiny body that I can. I encourage other Mothers to do the same!

One of those things I am just in awe of...this was the night we brought her home. How, just HOW did she get so big?


Tummy time is now fun! I have been diligently spending time with her on her stomach in hopes she will roll over. I have even given descriptive lessons on how to do it. Something tells me she isn't listening to me because she STILL has no desire to go from back to stomach or stomach to back.




Something new....Lily LOVES glass! Whether it a drinking glass, a beer bottle, or a mug, she loves to suck them. I question if it is merely the feeling against her gums that she likes, or if she is truly interested in drinking out of a cup. I am not encouraging drinking on her own, my baby is still a baby and I'm not ready for such a thing! In the meantime, she can suck away for comfort :)




TINY(1 week)..................................BIG(5 months) Soon Lily will retire her bouncy chair! It will be a sad day when I can no longer contain her in this, but yet it will be such a milestone to know she is on to bigger and better things. It has been a good stretch and I will forever be thankful to the person responsible for this creation!



Such a sweet face!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails