Sunday, May 31, 2009

Birthday Wine Tour


Saturday, was my Mom's 55th birthday, and what better way to celebrate than with the ones you love on a BEAUTIFUL DAY at some vineyards! Oh and did I mention in a LIMO!!! Yes, high rollers we were! My intention was that all of her family and friends would be able to join us, and we would sport a nice party bus, and get rowdy, but with everyone busy spring/summer schedules in play it was impossible to get everyone there. Instead we enjoyed an intimate afternoon with my grandparents, of course, my Dad and Chris and Susan (parents friends). Lily even joined us for her first limo ride and second round of wine tasting.


Because we were on a tight schedule, due to prom season, we only went to two vineyards. Although I am glad we did, b/c I don't think my grandpa could have taken much more. It was a perfect visit at Hidden Brook Vineyard and
Fabbioli Cellars. I preferred Fabioli, which was our last stop, to the first one. The wine there was much better and the atmosphere was almost like you were at a family cookout. As we approached the vineyard it was as though we were going to someones hosue, and in fact we were. When we stepped out of the limo, we were greeted by, Doug the owner, and he welcome us to his home/winery. His basement was the tasting room. It was unfinished with a concrete floor, no finished ceiling, wine barrels stacked against the walls and only partly dry walled with christmas lights and wine posters/pictures for a classy look. It gave the perfect feel to a wine cellar! Different areas in the basement were assigned to tastings, and we had our very own! Obama even made an appearance.....

Needless to say, the wine was fantastic! We ventured home in the limo with a happy birthday song for my Mom, shortly followed by the old men passing out sitting up. Like I said, it was a good thing we only went to two vineyards! When we got home, Mike grilled shish kabobs and we continued to enjoy each others company. It was a great day!
Mike enjoying a glass!

Don't be envious of our photogenic ways ;)
~Happy Birthday Momma~
It wouldn't be a complete day without my Pop Pop singing! He sure was 'happy' at this point!Grandmas LOVE their grand babies!!!

Grand babies LOVE their GREAT grandmas!

So serious!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails