Thursday, June 11, 2009

Am I a real blogger?




Since creating this blog, my intention was to journal about Lily. Instead I realize I have become a 'regular blogger'...not only do I mention Lily's progression in life, but I have begun to spout about personal things in my life and my personal feelings...this is what I call a 'regular blogger.' Maybe I didn't realize some of the relief there is to typing excessively about nothing. On top of it all, I spend the majority of the day by myself. What else am I suppose to do?? take care of my baby or something? :)

I promised myself I wouldn't complain about my working situation/staying home situation, BUT there is something to be said about having adult stimulation all day. A typical day includes....AND this is all on top of me possibly working that night or the night before...


  • vacuuming


  • making our bed (b/c Mike doesn't know how)


  • breastfeeding


  • cleaning the kitchen

  • unloading the dishwasher

  • laundry

  • breastfeeding

  • cleaning the kitchen again


  • talking like a baby


  • breastfeeding


  • watching reruns of 90210 and One Tree Hill!



Really, I am OH SO GRATEFUL for the things in my life and everything about it, but this is me just 'blogging' :) In all honesty, these are the things in life that are now glamorous, and it's simple....i love it! Because I get to watch a baby grow and learn how to sit up on her own, see her smile and giggle when I get her from her nap, play with her, sing to her, and THEN it all becomes so rewarding, and I know I have a purpose! Sometimes my purpose is to buy the cutest clothes and the next best dress for the next event, look for cute shoes, do my make-up, buy new make-up, wish I had latest Coach purse, etc, etc my materialism could onnnnnnn, BUT in reality I will always revert back to Mikey and my Lil!



Right now, Lily has had dinner, bathed, been read to and now asleep, Mike is still not home and I have begun making our adult dinner. Until Mike walks through the door what else is there to do but facebook, blog, stalk other peoples blogs then blog some more. After proofreading the past paragraphs, I am DEF a blogger..I'm ok with it!

Back to Lily....She is 5 mos 2 weeks old. Where has the time gone? Tonight, she ate broccoli for the fourth time and she has yet to give me grief about it. I fully expect grief from a toddler who I force to eat broccoli for it's nutritional value. Until then, Lily seems to enjoy it! Tonight, I also introduced Mango for dessert.
(side note...i make all Lily's food and it is super rewarding!) She, also, loved the Mango! I am very proud of this broad rage food eater I have on my hands, but I know things could change! Research actually says that babies have to eat things up to 13 times before they decide they even like it or not.



Broccoli....YUMMMM


Today, Lily also went to 'My Gym'. There Lily gets to explore colors, activities, and interact with other babies. It is amazing to see how she has developed over the weeks, and even the other Mothers mentioned it to me today. Lily is sitting up on her own (not yet rolling over still), reaching for things and slowing beginning to walk on her feet (obviously with me hold her arms). I look forward to the many more things Lily will surprise me with!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails