Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Kara's Birthday...We head to Bethany Beach







It's been a tradition for many years, each year, as Kara turns another page of her life that friends join together for a weekend beach trip to Bethany Beach. (courtesy the Valluzzo Family Fiddlewood Two Beach House) As always there were us lucky ones who drove down Thursday night to enjoy an extra day on the beach, Friday. Mikey joined us Friday night after we had returned from a great birthday dinner at Tequila Mockingbird. There we indulged in a LARGE portion of tremendous guacamole and cheesy gooey queso. But our glutenous ways didn't stop there, next were some steamy fajitas and excellent Margaritas on the rocks. This, of course, was after a day of Coronas. I'm not sure what it is, but Coronas and beach come hand in hand, so it wouldn't have been right if we didn't drink them.


Don't worry, I didn't forget, Lily! She was there too, enjoying all the company of Mommy's friends. It was Lily's second debut at the beach, and it wasn't much different from the first. She laid around on the beach in her cute little tent occasionally fussing which eventually led me back to the house to lay out. I must say, I had the best helping hands from the girls...and guys! Everyone took to Lily as if she were there own. In moments when I was nervous for her fussiness, someone would sweep her away, calm her down, and even put her to sleep....well mostly it was Jaime, but that is because she wouldn't let anyone else do it :) wink wink Jaim, I was so proud of your motherly ways and so very grateful! Lily loves her new best friend! And she especially loves her new 'Buttercup' dress from 'Life is Good'! Thank you!

There is a reason for my late posting....I believe I left my camera at the beach house which has all the good pictures on it from the weekend. At least, after searching high and low for it, I concluded it better be at the beach house and that I didn't lose it! Some include, Lily sitting in her sand hole, me sitting in my sand hole thanks to Pat. Kara and Mike family picture on the beach with Lily as their baby prop. Peterson family picture on the beach, etc.

These are the only ones I have to show with my nikon.....






Kara wasn't expecting a video, but how else could I get everyones voices singing on my blog. The cake was a pound cake to later be served with strawberries and whip cream. Jaime and I took the liberty to serve Kara something healthy in honor of her upcoming wedding.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails