Friday, February 27, 2009

Randomness

I am the queen of randomness and impulse. Wednesday evening I was speaking to my very dear friend Liz, and we were complaining about how it had been 3 long weeks since we had seen each other. Liz and I went to nursing school together, QUICKLY hit it off when we realized each others LOVE for wine and study time :) We spent many nights studying, with the very best intentions, but usually turned into a hangover the next morning. Andy, her husband, was a godsend who put up with our girly ways and sometimes joined in with a beer or two. Who knew that after wine and study time that 5 years have gone by and Andy and Liz are some of Mike and Is best friends?!?! The four of us have been through a lot, including vacations, weddings, and now babies. Their son Walker is Mike and Is Godson, and he is full of life! Anyways, back to my original story....While on the phone with Liz I knew in the back of my mind that it wouldn't be for at least another 3 weeks that I would see her again due to our busy schedule. So on impulse I said I would drive to Lynchburg Thursday morning, spend the day with her and Walker then return home Friday morning. Liz was super excited, although, I sensed a feeling of disbelief, and she wouldn't believe it until I showed up at her doorstep.

The Perfect Ending to Ash Wednesday-G-Pa time

Sure enough, I awoke at the weary hour of 530am, fed Lily, washed up, packed the car and after my detour to McDonald's for a free coffee, I was on the road by 715. Not only did I make great time, Lily was a doll the whole ride. Upon arriving, I quickly showered, fed Lily, and we rushed out the door for Walkers KINDERMUSIK class. I was unaware of kindermusik, but I was so happy to have come across it, because I have now signed up Lily and I to do it together here in Ashburn. I really think it is great stimulation for the babies, and a great way for me to meet new mommies!

Thank goodness for a beautiful day because we took the most fabulous walk through the historic streets of their Lynchburg neighborhood. Lily was a bit fussy throughout the day and I am chalking it up to growing pains...hehe or just that she was out of her element. Walker, at 10 mos didn't have too much interest in Lily although Liz and I hope they will be little play buddies soon! What kind of day would it be for Liz and I if we didn't end our day with a bottle of red wine and silliness, so while making dinner and feeding the babies we danced around the kitchen and sang along to some tunes. Turns out Mike missed us A LOT, and he frequently called me throughout the day to check on me and the baby. I must say it was cute, and I am excited to see him when he gets home from work tonight. All in all, the day was excellent and I was very happy to have the visit with Liz, and I am also very thankful for a husband who welcomed the idea of me leaving on such short notice!!

Lily

Walker

Beautiful Day for a Walk

Mommies

Road trip #1 = SUCCESS! My next challenge will be this Sunday, FLYING all by myself with Lily. Stay tuned.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails