Thursday, March 5, 2009

The ATL

Atlanta...
Trip #2 = SUCCESS!!!

I could have not asked for a better baby! Lily rode the plan with complete ease. While Mike was taking us to the airport on Sunday I was extremely nervous for the unknown. Would she cry? Would I have a jerk next to me who hates babies?...etc Well, from the moment I checked in at the Air Tran desk, through security, on the shuttle and all the way to the gate, all by myself, I must have looked like a pro :) Things couldn't have gone smoother, and I give most of the credit to my dear little one, who caused no trouble at all! The airline staff was so accomodating and I felt so comfortable being on the plane on my own. I do think that I chose a great time and day to fly, because the plane was practically empty and I had a row all to myself. Lily slept the whole way and sucked on her beloved paci. If the pressure affected her ears at all, I didn't know.

It felt good to land safely in Atlanta, and it felt good knowing I was going to be in good company! Atlanta was experiencing an unexpected snow storm, and luckily I was the last flight by Air Tran to land that day. I was hoping to get to Atlanta and feel a little warmth, but apparantly I brought the snow and cold with me.

The three days that Lily and I spent in Roswell, were fantastic!! We had a great visit with the Rains family (my cousins). I miss them terribly already. If Liz had not given up wine for Lent, we may have caused a little more ruckus, but I must say it felt good not waking up with a hangover :) We were in bed by 11 every night, woke up to coffee and sending the kids off to school.

Lily was lucky enough to even meet her great grandmother, MOM MOM. It was a surprise to me that she was willing to get in a car with my Aunt and Uncle and drive half way from Greenville, SC and meet us in GA. Her will power and strength was put in full speed so she could meet Lily. I feel so blessed and lucky that Lily will have had this visit. I got pictures and videos to prove it.

Wednesday came quick, but I was so excited to get home to Mike. I know that he missed us dearly, and I so wish he was able to come with us. He was able to flex from work and he picked us up from the airport! It was great knowing that we would have the rest of the day with him!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails