Monday, February 23, 2009

Lucky Gal

The beginning of our weekend started Friday evening when Alicia and Andy (my brother and sister-in-law) traveled from Charlottesville to reveal the sex of their expected baby. It was very suspecting of a boy considering they didn't want to spoil the news over the phone and wanted to tell everyone in person. Sure enough, over pizza and some beers, the Peterson family found out it will be Connor Alexander we will soon meet in June. The first boy! After two beautiful grand daughters the Petersons are very excited!! Here Savannah and Lily sit, side by side, wondering about each others presence. Some day it will be exciting to see their actual interaction.





Pink Girly Cousins
Saturday morning, I was challenged to get out of the door on time when Mike unexpectedly had to go into work, and I had to get the baby ready for the day, finish wrapping gifts and finish preparing for the church bake sale. Thank goodness for Alicia who was able to pick the baby up for me as I rushed out the door. Amanda, Kara and I were on our way to Richmond for our good friend, roommate and sorority sister, Ashley's bridal shower. There we enjoyed GREAT company and had many laughs as we reminisced about our college days. As planned, all the girls were staying in Richmond for a 'sleepover' although I was to head back to my family in NOVA. With much encouragement and positive peer pressure the girls urged me to stay to carry on our good laughs and fun. I had said ahead of time that I wasn't ready to leave little Lily for a full night yet, but Mike had insisted I stay. Of course, I knew I was leaving Lily in perfect hands and what better night to be away when I was in the good company of my closest girlfriends. Although still hesitant I decided to stay knowing I would need to get it over with soon, leaving my little girl at home. My night was awesome and I couldn't have spent my first night away from Lily with a better crowd.

I returned Sunday morning, with MUCH anticipation to see Lily and Mikey. As if it were no trouble at all without me, Mike greeted me with a huge kiss. He shows such confidence and calmness that inspires me. Everyday he proves to be best father and husband he can be. I wonder what other husband would so willingly, at the last minute, stay with a 2month old by himself. I know I am lucky gal and I also know that Lily will someday realize the same things about her father.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails