Tuesday, April 13, 2010

tuesday night dinner?

So Chicken and Dumplings were a hit last night. Although after having the weather today I wish I made it for tonight. It would have felt a bit more like comfort food!

Because I don't have a recipe blog, I won't put how I cooked the dumplings on here, BUT I will say that instead of making my own dumplings, I used store bought Pillsbury biscuits. Although I have heard that they are super easy to make, I wanted to skip a step. And actually I will admit that I tried last year, and I did something that completely ruined the dish. (to this day I don't know where I went wrong) After the chicken and veggies were cooked, I just added the raw biscuits, covered it all back up and let it sit some more.

For the chicken and veggies, I didn't really follow a recipe but did go to my friends blog for guidance. It basically was chicken noodle soup with dumplings. YUMMY!

Tonight....I can't decide between Chicken Stirfy, or this sausage/lentil hodge podge that my friend recommended. (I am trying to add more fiber to my diet, although I already knew it was good for you, it is a great way to X out you daily carb intake)

BUT, in the oven as we speak are some Blondie Bars with Coconut. The rain put me in the mood for some baking!

1 comment:

Haddon Family said...

yummyyyy! good idea on the biscuits... I never would have thought of that! dont know if you used them (or if you like them) but you have to try parsnips in the soup part... i never had really had them before and now im addicted

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails