Monday, April 26, 2010

Earth Day Loudoun

Sunday turned out to be a wonderful family day! It was suppose to start with me running the GW Parkway 10 miler, and with much regret I didn't follow through with it. I do have one Lauren Bevington to blame for this :) -I still have much love for her though!

I will own up to my incompletion though, I totally could have gone by myself! In all honesty, I was really pumped for it, then with the projected forecast, and the prospects of me running another race on my own without fans (b/c I wouldn't make Mike and the babe drive into the city in the rain) I did have some doubts about it and just decided to stay home.

After my nights sleep, I was REALLY hoping to wake up and see it pouring rain. This way my decision of sleeping in would be justified. NOPE, actually it was perfect running weather, you see....and I had a loom of disappointment hanging over me! Instead, we headed to church, and we were determined to make right with the day!!!

Mike got a haircut, we treated ourselves to some brunch at Blue Ridge Grill, Lily napped and then we were off to Earth Day Loudoun which was taking place at Clydes. The rain pretty much held off alllllll day, and we even saw sun....and the sun was even a little hot....and that horrible feeling that most northern Virginians never forget even in the dead of winter, humidity decided to grace us with it's presence. Stefani, Josh and Ethan joined us for the family fun! Unfortunately because we got there a little later in the day it seemed as though people were closing up shop when we got there. Also, the beer and wine garden distracted us for a good hour before we actually decided to venture around the Nature Conservatory that the property sits on. We all immediately felt bad that we were selfish enough to take the kids away from some kid friendly fun, because we stumbled upon a petting zoo, among many other kid activities. But they too were on their way out, so for a short while we were able to spend some time with the animals.

Lily was ecstatic! She yelled with pure joy over seeing ducklings. In fact, she was the loudest kid of them all. All the other children were gazing over the cage of ducks and chicks ever so quietly, then Lily came along. I can't say I am complaining. I will not take away her excitement or the way she expresses it, although I am going to work on her volume control
Pictures to share.....After the piggies come out.....


1 comment:

Anne Woods said...

oh my gosh- she looks to die for in those pigtails and outfit. I love it! She's so big. We want to see you guys again!!! So great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails