Tuesday, December 15, 2009

ok enough about Lily, what about me....

SOOO, I just completed a great post about my daughter, but back to me....wink wink
Updates from me...
Waiting in the cold at Jammin' Java


Mike and I attended yet another Pat McGee show at Jammin Java, and like I always say, I think this was one of his BEST shows! We were second row, and it was awesome! I felt so hip to be jammin out with my husband, and I love that seeing him in concert has kind of become our 'thing'. We are dorks, and I love it!

the amazing jam session between Pat and his band member who played the piano and sax
Sunday my brother and I ran the 'Jingle all the way 10k' (6+ miles). I was a bit nervous about it when hearing the weather forecast for Sunday morning, but all was well and the weather was actually perfect! The race was downtown, and took us on a great course around Haines Point. I completed my two goals for the race...
1. to run the whole way
2. finish in under and hour
My brother, of course, ran off right away at the starting line, although I told him to. Instead, I ran with my friend Stefani the whole time. We kept a great pace and being 10wks pregnant, I am super proud of her for doing it with me still.
before the race trying to warm up
after the race..wet and cold but feeling good!
the runners!
I felt so good after the race and felt I could keep going! My next goal is a half marathon which I will embark upon in March! GO ME!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Way to go lady! Which half marathon are you running? There is one in VB :)

Haddon Family said...

are you doing the national half in march? its a great race slightly hilly but you cant beat the location, especially when you have kids! I love your socks, I bought a pair for a race tomorrow - im dressing up like a candy cane and the socks are PERFECT!

Mike, Lauren & Lily Peterson said...

that is my goal...i am starting my real training on monday...i heard it's hilly, eek!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails