Thursday, September 10, 2009

OBX, Happy Birthday, Golf

Apparently when it comes to blogging lately, it just hasn't been my forte! I'm thinking that since Lily is now semi on the move I am a little apprehensive to sit my butt down by the computer and type away. Her ability to roll over has amazed me. Although I believe she has the strength to crawl, for the time being, rolling is her choice of transporting. In addition to her rolling, putting things in her mouth have reached an all time high. No matter how much I vacuum, Lily will somehow find the smallest grain of dirt, or sliver of cat hair pick it up and put it in her mouth. So you can only imagine something of a choking hazard.

Here Lily sits, right at my feet so I can blog. She indeed pulled most everything off the shelf for a snack.




Beach week, but not so much beach......

The week had finally arrived, we were headed to Nags Head for our only vacation of the summer. Our group included our family, and my nurse friends :) In the past this week has been labeled NURSE-A-PALOOZA but this week was a bit more tame with Lily involved. The week started out great with sun and heat, but quickly was shot by the rain and wind. I must say my expectations for a tan and time in the ocean was ruined by the weather! All in all we made the best of it and enjoyed our company. Our days were full of relaxation, games, eating and drinking! Mike, Lily and I were also able to go on good walks and take a lunch trip to our favorite shack on the beach, Sam and Omies!



The rain rolls in and Lily watches :)









I experience golf for the first time on Labor Day! Our good friends Kevin and Sarah completed our foursome. My golf game is completely and totally inconsistent! On one hand I am super good at driving the ball, THEN on the other I can be really good at putting, but somehow I can't do them both on the same hole. A common phrase "Practice makes perfect" comes to mind! The highlights of the afternoon include quality time with Mikey, my luck of par on a par 3 hole, and on the 18th hole driving the ball over a small lake which skipped on the water about 15ft from the green! I was the only one to hit the green on the first try! GO ME!

We went for a mohawk look after bath time. Turns out she is super cute no matter the 'do'






Happy Birthday Jaime!


I realize I totally slacked in this years birthday celebrations. In comparison to Kara's I stink as a friend. There was no cake and no video. Sorry Jaime! I love you the same! Instead we spent some quality crab time at Steamers in Bethesda. Unfortunately the 'all you can eat' crabs were not quite in our budget so we indulged in some scrumptious snow crab legs and Maryland Blue Crab Cakes. YUMO!



The only thing this picture proves is how big my little Lil is getting. Because I am still nursing her, I don't get to witness her bottle skills that Mike speaks of. While we ate dinner Lily sucked down her bottle with no help from her parents. How cute, but how sad!






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails