Monday, May 4, 2009

Wedding Season Kicks off!


What a great weekend Mike and I just had with all our friends! Not to mention a great weekend for baby Lily who spent a WHOLE night with her grandparents :) Our great friends Ashley and Brad were married Saturday evening in VA Beach. It is such a joy to see our friends get married. Marriage has been such an amazing ride for me and I love knowing that my closest friends get to experience the same feeling! After going through all our marriage prep classes in the church I have a new understanding of the sanctity and realness of the committment one another is making and I truely think it is amazing! To spend the rest of your life with someone, it is not just love that gets you through the day or years, its the bond, the friendship, the laughter and tears. Your partner is your mate and companion! I love going to weddings with Mike now because I find that we, again, live the vows that we took with each other. Mike held my hand through Ashley and Brads vows and it made we realize how lucky I am to have my mate!



The reception, too, was a blast! Weddings always bring out the best in people! It was so great to see some friends who I haven't seen since graduating college. And it was also nice to know that not much has changed as far as our friendship! We relived many moments of our college days through songs and dances. I thank Mike for being my photographer and capturing the moments! The night ended with Ashley and Brad leaving on a boat! What a great departure and fairy tale ending!



Ashley and Brad, CONGRATULATIONS!!!





....next stop, Kara and Mike, July 11 :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails