Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Work Work Work

Well, I am officially back to work. Although it may be the night shift, I am happy to be back with my crew and again in the midst of all our staff drama. Who likes to be out of the loop when it comes to middle aged women drama? I'm sure happy to be a part of it (I say with a smirk on my face) Needless to say, I have missed my work friends a whole bunch, but I have not missed our mismanaged work place environment! Thank goodness for only two shifts a week! I still manage to see my baby and make a little mula. Being a nurse is a complete blessing and wonderful opportunity for any woman out there!


In the meantime, Lily is growing like a bean sprout and changes day to day! I have noticed that she is looking much more like Mike with only a few Mommy characteristics, my nose....and uh my nose. That's about all I can think of. Her skin tone is snow white like Mike's, her eyes are blue, like Mike's, she's a little chubby, like Mike (wink wink :) ) and most of her facial expressions remind me of Mike. Although Mike's sister may say it is a bad thing to look like a Peterson, I think she is totally beautiful! (this is suppose to be a joke :) )



I feel as though her talking and cooing has been put on hold. She still only makes a few sounds. Her smiling on the other hand is one of her best aspects. I love her reactions to my sounds and facial expressions. I also LOVE to see how she reacts to Mike when he comes home from work. I think it is so amazing that she can respond to his presence so easily when she only sees him 2-3 hours out of a day. I can tell she has a special bond with Daddy, and Mike would say the same. He loves his little "Daddy's Girl" ! Lily, can hold on to things real well now, grabs for her hanging toys, and lately she is really enjoying a late afternoon snack of her t-shirt/clothes. I have noticed she is grabbing her clothes and sucking on them. I thought at first she had lost her paci and needed something else, but I think it is the texture of the fabric that she is enjoying. Babies = weird!

I can't help but take TONS of photos of Lily, so I must share my products.


She is quite the Duke fan, according to Mike, and will cheer for them all the way through March Madness!





She also enjoyed her first St. Patty's Day with her grandparents. I hosted the family for some traditional corned beef and cabbage, along with homemade Irish Soda bread! It was very enjoyable, and our little lass looked quite cute!!!!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails