Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cherry Blossoms


I woke up this morning, at 11 I might add, thinking about how to spend the expected gorgeous day and all I could think about was how badly I wanted to see the Cherry Blossoms. At first, I thought it would be too complicated a trip by myself, but after finding out no one could go with me, I decided it wouldn't stray me from taking on the adventure just me and the Lil! Getting to the city...no problem, parking....no problem, good baby....no problem, sunshine...oh yea! The trip was looking great, and boy did it turn out to be one!

I couldn't have asked for better weather, and the Cherry Blossoms are almost at their peak. Today made me feel like a true Washingtonian and very proud to be one! The city was so beautiful! We are so lucky to have the convienence and easy access to our nations Capitol and I hope to show Lily what an amazing city it is. Washington, D.C. stands for so much, and it is on days like today when you stroll the tidal bason in the presence of the Jefferson Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, the War Memorials, and the Washington Monument, that I can reflect upon our freedom and liberty that which we live!






My pictures prove the beauty of the city and the Cherry Blossoms! I was lucky enough to run into another gal strolling her little baby all in her lonesome. In a persuasive manner I said, "I'll take a pic of you and your baby if you take one of me and mine :) ?!?" She, of course, took me up on my offer and then we both talked of how bummer we were our husbands couldn't take part in the beautiful day with us, and then we went on our merry ways. Thank you, girl in the purple shirt with the cute 6 mo old daughter! It is a great shot!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails