Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Time Lapse

To say I have 'slacked' on my blog is a TOTAL understatement. Instead, I have just enjoyed reading others updates.

But in all honesty, I am upset with myself, because I usually use my blog to update on Lily and her new activity. Well new activity has come and gone, and she has developed even newer characteristics...
She can sing her ABCs....about a month ago when we went to the beach Mike was able to get a Mini Van from work that had a built in DVD player. I decided to buy her a new DVD..."Preschool with Elmo, the ABCs" She was instantly enthralled. And even though we had been working on her letters periodically while reading and using fridge magnets, the DVD now became her new teacher. In the 5 hour trip we made, the video may or may not have been repeated 2 or 3 times wink wink, and she was singing along her ABCs. So proud! Not to mention super cute when she is blurting it out all day long!

For the rest, I will just display by pictures.....it is my best storybook!
We kicked off the skins season with the Reese's. Summer came to an end and we went the Capital for a concert on the lawn. It was awesome and Lily really enjoyed herself. Oh and by the way, I am officially looking pregnant. I may not be documenting it as well as I did with Lily but this was a rare moment I felt like showing off my belly.One of my sorority sisters was married to her lovely husband Adam. It was a beautiful ceremony in Gloucester Virginia. Mike and I enjoyed the night away. It is always a blast to be with my girls from college. We are such a close knit group and I do wish we all lived a bit closer!This made our second wedding of the summer, but surely not to be our last.

Not only am I pregnant, but I am happy to say my best friend Christie is too!! She is expecting her baby girl Elsie, any day now and I am so excited we will be having little girls together!There is always a good reason to take a good picture of Lily :)Third wedding of the season...Mandy and Ryan. It was right on the Chesapeake Bay and GORGEOUS. Mike and I had a great time dancing at this particular wedding. And the food was phenomenal!FOURTH wedding of the season.....our great friends Cara and Phil. Mike was in the wedding and we had a great getaway to Virginia Beach. I was honored to do Cara's make up for the wedding. It was great to see her before the ceremony. Mike and I were so excited for them to get married. It had been a long time coming :)
Why not take a trip to Nags Head when we are more than half way there. We were hoping for the last hoorah of summer at the beach in September, but instead we got the cold and rain. It ended up being a great weekend though and having friends there with us made more the merrier. Lily and Kage cuddled close for some pics. My great friend Lindsey travelled from Texas to be with us, and Mike's friend Matt was with us as well.




Last but not least....our FIFTH wedding of the season. Lori and Rob! How wonderful to add another sister-in-law in the family. It was a gorgeous fall day! Alicia and I, of course, used this special day to dress the girls up in matching outfits :) This is a sure sign that I will have fun with having two girls!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails