Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Twenty Things....


In this day in age I have found that it is a cop out for friends to not keep in touch. Of course the daily grind does get in the way, but what I mean is 'THANK GOODNESS FOR EMAIL'...and the Internet. I have just finished reading my 6th email today from my high school girlfriends regarding '20 things' going on in their life right now. My genius friend Kate approached us (via email, since she is all the way in San Diego) last month with this idea of staying in touch by sending monthly emails with twenty things about yourself. You see, we are all good about stalking each other through facebook, reading each others blogs, saying 'hi, how are you?' on gchat, texting, and occasionally calling, but in all honesty we are all out of the loop with what is really going on in our lives. Since high school and college my close group of girls have all drifted, in closeness and distance, ranging from VA living, Texas, California, DC, NC, China even but clearly we all miss the company we once hand and what better way to salvage that than to truly stay in touch. The list of twenty things people have shared include the latest book they've read, their jobs, babies, what was for dinner last night, tonight, their travels, break-ups, hook-ups, and even the TMI of bathroom problems (Leanne :) ) The moral of this all...I encourage anyone in the same position as us to give it a try! I really feel like I now know a little more about my friends and it makes me miss and remember the times we have had. All our personalities shine through in the emails and it makes you feel like they are not so far away! Thank you, Kate for your brilliant idea and bringing MDH back in tact!!!


Some oldies, but goodies!!! MDH over the years (since Digital pics...I have plenty more I could scan in)
Probably one of our many nights at Don Pablos

Momma Scotts House

The First two to get engaged...we were so happy for them we got them CROCK POTS...HAHAHA

A classic pic of Allison and Andrew the first week of the beginning of the rest of their life!! Spring Break in SanDiego, CA...Radford girls meets cute Navy boy, they marry have a baby girl named Kenley! YAY!

Celebrating Christie and Jurgens Wedding 2007

My wedding, I know I have a pic of us all, but I can't find it!

Leanne and Gregs Wedding 2006

MDH Christmas...2006? Ornament exchange...Megan brings a wooden ornament (looks REALLY cheap) but she claims Momma Scott made it. Ok, so, now we all like it, good and sentimental....turns out she bought it at Michaels..classy Megs!

The bachelorette, 2006

Here's to many more MDH memories!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails