Wednesday, September 23, 2009

There's Something about Mary, Cheese Please, 3 DAY

There's Something About Mary.....or my Mom.....A TOTALLY serious Arlene, and your hair looks like this???? I believe this is a classic shot in place, and we probably couldn't replicate this if we tried! Sunday morning, after a 'too complicated and stupid to tell fight' with Mike over golf and work I decided I needed a little break. Luckily I already had an invitation in place for a boat ride with family friends Linda and Abby Potts and my Mom. With coffee in hand, sun roof down, the sun shining and satellite radio blaring I headed to my parents to pick Mom and Linda up, then to the Potomac River front we drove. The Potts dock a boat close to Occaquan, and it had been decided it was a girls day to cruise the river, dock at Tim's Rivershore and indulge in crabs and bloody mary's! It was the most perfect day for boating with clear blue skies, no humidity and just enough warmth that we were able to catch some of the last summer rays. I had a blast bonding with my Mom and even catching up with long time friend Abby! Thank you to these lovely ladies for making my day just right!!!!!

*Mike was so wonderful to have let me abandon him and Lily for the day...he said it was well deserved!

Momma and Me...I forgot my sunglasses and at the Marina they had extra..hence the crazy bug eyes

Linda and Abby


CRAB DELIGHT!

Seriously the best I had all season!



CHEESE PLEASE


OOOOOooo, yay Mom, I can eat cheese! I know this is not a huge milestone, BUT it was the first day that I fed Cheddar cheese, plain, to her. She loved it, and I am just so fascinated with her dexterity and development! Her aim for when she grabs onto things is not the best, but somehow she always manages to grasp onto the things she desires....in this case, cheese cubes :)







Sippy cup extraordinaire!

3-DAY

Monday evening...first day of training!

On this evening I had the privilege of beginning training with my dear friend Jaime. Training for what you might ask? Well, it is this November that Jaime will embark on the famous 3 Day, 60 mile walk in San Diego in support of Breast Cancer. Along side Jaime, three other Oaktoneers, Linda, Whitney and Cathy will also be walking. Jaime lost her Mom to breast cancer almost 3 years ago. Jaime has never failed to be a defining star of support and dedication, not only throughout the years of her Mom's fight, but also now through fundraising for Breast Cancer. She is my constant reminder that I can always do something better for people! I envy her strength and look forward to our daily/weekly walks up to November, when I will only have more pride for her and her journey!
Our walk was nothing short of a full work out! Almost 6 miles start to finish and we felt good! Lily was such a good baby, and I believe enjoyed her time to take in all the scenery of Reston! Tonight, Wednesday, we also walked for a little over an hour, replenished with some SUBWAY, and treated ourselves to my homemade Mint Chocolate Chip milkshakes (the next best thing to Mint Oreos in the freezer).
GOOD LUCK JAIME!!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails